Where Be The Treasure Matey?

Saturday, September 15, 2012
Ahoy mateys! Are you ready for Pirate Week? I am soo excited for next week. I have been pinning and searching for pirate activities every day. So I'm sure you can imagine that I was super excited when I found out that you can make your own treasure map on LessonPix! (Pssst...Have you used LessonPix yet? It is totally kicking Boardmaker's "booty"!)


I decided to do a following directions activity with this awesome treasure map! The students will follow directions that take them to the cafeteria, the front office, the music room, the art room and then to the treasure! (I'm thinking eye patches and beads!) You can download a copy of my treasure map here, or go to  LessonPix website to make your own!

There were no students at school yesterday so I decorated my door! Like my paper plate pirates? The kids will make their own next week with activities that go along with them... check back for pictures of those activities as the week progresses!

I love Jack Hartman! (and I just found out he is a Tampa Bay local!) This is a great pirate song to use with your younger students. If you haven't heard of Jack Hartman, check him out on youtube, the little ones love him!

Don't forget to check out my Pirate Week Pinterest Board for more ideas!

Powered by Blogger.