In My APPinion: How Do You Know?

Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Appy Wednesday! We have made it half way through the week and I have another app review to share with you. A few weeks ago, Lynn Epstein contacted me about reviewing her app, How Do You Know? I was more than willing to check it out because I have not found many apps or materials that go beyond basic WH questions. Inferencing is a skill that many of my students struggle with and this app targets just that. Check it out!
When you first open the app, you are brought to a screen that looks like the one above. From here you are able to view student reports, change the settings (see picture below) or start the program. 
If you select start, you are prompted to choose a category. 
Your student is first prompted with a picture and a question that relates to the picture. 
After they answer the question, they are then promoted to answer "How do you know"that that is the answer.  There are multiple choice options available for students. 
After your student finishes the set number of questions, he/she is presented with their score. From here, you can choose a new category or choose to be finished with the session. 
Students' scores and test results are stored for future reference and record keeping. 
This app is very easy to navigate. Like I said before, I love that this app goes beyond basic WH-questions and has students answer, "How do you know?" Critical thinking is something that many of our students struggle with. Letting them work on this skill while using the iPad is motivating for them. I also love that this app stores data that can be easily accessed when needed. Lynn did a great job with this app. I look forward to seeing more from her in the future.
You can download a copy of this app in the iTunes store here!


Powered by Blogger.