Hanging out with the News Crew!

Sunday, August 30, 2015




If you follow me on Instagram (@simply_speech) you probably have seen several pictures of me getting crafty with some friends at my favorite place, Aerie Lane. Last week, I headed over to Aerie Lane to help film a segment called, Gayle's Guide to Pinterest. Gayle Guyardo is a local news broadcaster here in Florida. For a few months now she has been featuring fun Pinterest crafts, recipes, and ideas once a week. I was more than excited to participate in this feature and make a burlap wreath for one of her segments. While there, I was asked if I wanted to film a few segments myself. Well, sure I would! I love Pinterest!! Actually my nerves were freaking out, but I agreed anyway. So on Tuesday, she came over and we filmed 2 segments. One of them was on DIY Baby Wipes and aired on Wednesday and the second was on Crock Pot Cheeseburgers and will air in 2 weeks. 
If you have a little one, you have probably heard about the concern a lot of parents have right now with Huggies wipes. Some parents have found what they think is fiberglass in their wipes. Huggies insists that it is not fiberglass but the way their fibers form when making the wipes. Either way, sharp particles in a wipe is not ok. When I had Kenzie a few years ago, I came across a pin for DIY baby wipes. When I checked it out, I realized I had all of the ingredients in my house already, so I gave it a try!

To make the wipes, here is what you need:

  • 1 roll of paper towels (use the good ones, the cheap wipes will disintegrate)
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon baby wash
  • 1/2 tablespoon baby oil
  • knife (big one, like scary big!)
  • container
  • measuring cup
  • cutting board
Making your own wipes will save you a ton of money and give you the peace of mind knowing exactly what is in the wipes you use on your little one. Plus, they smell amazing.
You can check out the Channel 8 News Segment below!
Powered by Blogger.